Kitchens & Baths
Granite & Marble
Marble is amazing natural stone which will add elegance you are looking for! They turn an ordinary kitchen or bathroom into extraordinary, and when they are combined with new cabinetry and other fresh décor, the transformation is amazing. While their popularity does rise and fall from time to time, marble countertops remain one of the classic choices where premium quality is desired.
Marble is a metamorphic rock containing a high concentration of calcite or dolomite. There are many variations of marble based on the minerals which give it color and veining.
Like all materials, there are strengths and weaknesses of marble countertops. Let’s consider them.
Marble Countertop Advantages:
- Every marble countertop is one of a kind
- Unsurpassed beauty
- A rich spectrum of colors and veining
- Several premium finishes that give you just the look and feel you want
- Fits well with most design styles from classic to modern
- Offers outstanding durability when properly cared for
- Excellent resistance to heat
- Develops a light patina with time that gives it an aged, antique look
Marble Countertop Disadvantages:
- Marble is porous and will stain unless properly sealed and conscientiously cleaned
- Must be resealed as often as once per year
- Scratches more easily than granite, especially in high-gloss finishes
- Can be chipped or cracked by heavy items
- Will etch if exposed to acidic materials such as tomato juice
- More expensive than most countertops
If you buy marble countertops, be prepared for the maintenance they demand. While not overly burdensome to most homeowners, it does mean you will have to diligently and quickly clean up spills of oil, liquid soap and acidic foods and liquids such as citrus fruit, juice, wine and tomato products. If you have got kids still learning to clean up after themselves, your job will be a bit tougher.
The upside is that marble countertops produce an eye-catching allure wherever installed that is unsurpassed.
(631) 772-4660 Mastic Location (631) 801-6080 Medford Location firstname.lastname@example.org